Green extraction and efficient utilization of rare earth and multi-metal resources research team is the Innovation Team of National Key Fields of National Ten-thousand People Plan, the Innovation Team of Ministry of Education and the National Advanced Group of Professional and Technical Personnel. Research team has been devoted to green extraction and efficient utilization of rare earth and multi-metal resources for many years, focusing on the problems in development and application process of rare earth and multi-metal resources, such as waste of associated resources, environmental pollution, low added value of rare earth products and imbalance of light rare earth resources application, the research team has been carrying out the development of new technology for green processing and smelting of rare earth and multi-metal minerals, the products functionalization of rare earths obtained from hydrometallurgical process, as well as the basic theory and technological study on the application of rare earth in rubber and plastic materials, rare earth/polymer composites, catalytic materials, glassy materials, coatings and polishing materials, and has made a series of innovative achievements.
· Professor LI Mei, Dean of School of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
· Prof. WANG Mitang
· Associate Prof. LI Ying
· Associate Prof. ZOU Hua
· Associate Prof. ZHANG Xiaowei
· Lecturer QIU Biwei
· Doctor ZHANG Dongliang
· Doctor CHEN Jiaqi
· New theory and technology of green extraction of rare earth and multi-metal resources
· Synthesis and simulation of rare earth products with special physicochemical properties
· Preparation and application of rare earth functional materials (energy environment materials, polymers, catalyst, biomedicine materials, photoelectric materials, polishing functional materials)
· High efficiency purification of rare metals and preparation of new materials (Nb, Zr, Be, Ti, etc.)
· Research on the economics of rare earth and multi-metal resources
Important research and development projects
· Demonstration project of clean and efficient extraction of 65% rare earth concentrate from China north rare earth group corporation, Rare earth Industry Transformation and Upgrading Pilot Project of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, 2016-2018
· Basic research on key technologies for efficient and clean extraction of typical light rare earth and associated resources, Key Project of Natural Science Foundation of China, 2017～2021
· New technology and application of clean and efficient Extraction of mixed light rare earth resources, National Science and Technology Support Program, 2012-2014
· Technology for clean and efficient utilization of Tailings resources in Bayan Obo mine, National High Technology Research and Development Program, 2012-2014
· Application of rare earth hydrometallurgy and light rare earth, National Outstanding Youth Fund, 2011-2014
· Separation of bastnaesite and Monazite ore from mixed rare earth concentrate and the basic research, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2012-2015
· Study on the preparation and properties of rare earth oxides with atypical crystallization under polymer control, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2011-2013
· Preparation of cerium oxide particles by self-assembly under polymer control, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2010-2013
· Basic research on high efficiency extraction and utilization technology of rare earth and thorium in Bayan Obo Mine, Project 973 preliminary research special project, 2011-2013
· Preparation and application of high magnesium nickel slag based semi-crystalline inorganic polymer, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2020-2023
· Designed preparations of novel nonspherical polymer-silica nanocomposite particles and their application as Pickering, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2020-2023
· Investigation on the mixed effect and surface passivation mechanism of rare earth elements in glass erosion process, National Natural Science Foundation of China for Youth, 2013-2015
· Investigation on synthesis and the luminescence properties of lanthanide/polymeric functionalized mesoporous composites, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2012-2014
· Study on conversion mechanism of fluorine and aluminum in complex leaching Solution of Baotou Rare earth concentrate，National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2016-2019.
· In-situ formation of crystalline core-shell dispersed phases and their strengthening-toughening mechanism in polypropylene composites, National Natural Science Foundation of China (51603122), 2017-2019
Important papers and publications
· Clean production technology of selective decomposition of Bayan Obo rare earth concentrate by NaOH[J].Journal of Cleaner Production, 2019(236): 1-16.
· Decomposition of mixed rare earth concentrate by NaOH roasting and kinetics of hydrochloric acid leaching process[J]. Journal of Rare Earths, 2019:1-26.
· Physical and chemical mechanism underlying ultrasonically enhanced hydrochloric acid leaching of non-oxidative roasting of bastnaesite[J]. Ultrasonics - Sonochemistry, 2017(39): 774-781.
· Effect of oxidation behavior of cerium during the roasting process on the leaching of mixed rare earth concentrate[J]. Hydrometallurgy, 2017(174):156-166.
· The influence of temperature on rare earth flotation with naphthyl hydroxamic acid[J]. Journal of Rare Earths, 2018(36): 99-107.
· Phase change, micro-structure and reaction mechanism during high temperature roasting of high grade rare earth concentrate[J]. Journal of Rare Earths, 2019: 1-27.
· Effect of oxidation behavior of cerium during the roasting process on the leaching of mixed rare earth concentrate.Hydrometallurgy, Volume 174, December 2017, Pages 156-166
· Physical and chemical mechanism underlying ultrasonically enhanced hydrochloric acid leaching of non-oxidative roasting of bastnaesite[J]. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 2017, 39: 774-781.
· Lanthanum histidine with pentaerythritol and zinc stearate as thermal stabilizers for poly(vinyl chloride)[J]. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2016, 133(3).
· Growth of nano hexagon-like flake arrays cerium carbonate created with PAH as the substrate[J]. Journal of Solid State Chemistry,2015,221(1):263-271.
· Synthesis cerium oxide particles via polyelectrolyte controlled nonclassical crystallization for catalytic application[J]. RSC Advances,2014,4(2):992-995.
· Crystallization behavior and IR structure of yttrium aluminosilicate glasses [J]. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 40, (2020) 463–471
· The effect of mixed La-Y doping on water resistance of phosphate glass [J]. Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 527, (2020) 119727
· Glass transition and crystallization of ZnO-B2O3-SiO2 glass doped with Y2O3 [J]. Ceramics International, 45, (2019) 4351–4359
· Phase separation and crystallization of La2O3 doped ZnO-B2O3-SiO2 glass [J]. Journal of Rare Earths, 37, (2019) 767-772
· The effect of mixed alkali on structural changes and ionic migration characteristics in zinc borate glasses [J]. Materials Chemistry and Physics, 217, (2018) 519–526
· Tunable white-light emission hybrids based on lanthanide complex functionalized poly (ionic liquid): Assembly and chemical sensing. Dyes and Pigments. 172(2020)107804-107812
· Europium Ionic Liquid Grafted Covalent Organic Framework with Dual Luminescence Emissions as Sensitive and Selective Acetone Sensor. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces.11 (2019) 39201-39208
· Molecular assembly and photoluminescence of lanthanide/siliconeoxygen network/poly-vinylphenyl boronic functionalized SBA-15 hybrids. Optical Materials. 85(2018)211-219
· Novel photoactive lanthanide hybrids covalently grafted on functionalized periodic mesoporous organosilicons (PMOs) by Schiff-base derivative. Journal of Porous Materials. 24 (2017) 487-496
· Influences of fluorine on microphase separation in fluorinated polyurethanes. Polymer. 98 (2016) 311-319
· Polyacrylamide modified mesoporous SBA-16 hybrids encapsulated with a lanthanide (Eu3+/Tb3+) complex. New Journal of Chemistry. 39 (2015)8658-8666
· Polymer/silica nanocomposites: preparation, characterization, properties, and applications [J].. Chemcal Reviews 2008, 108, 3893-3957.
· Efficient synthesis of poly(2-hydroxypropyl methacrylate)-silica colloidal nanocomposite particles via aqueous dispersion polymerization [J]. Polymer Chemistry 2012, 3, 172-181.
· Adsorption of silica nanoparticles onto poly (N-vinylpyrrolidone)-functionalized polystyrene latex [J]. Langmuir 2017, 33, 1471-1477.
· Cucurbituril-based polymers and polymer materials [J]. Small 2018, 1802234.
· Preparation of dimpled polystyrene–silica colloidal nanocomposite particles [J]. Langmuir 2018, 34, 14302–14308.
· Synthetic Strategies for Raspberry-like Polymer Composite Particles [J]. Polymer Chemistry 2020, 11, 3370-3392.
· Kinetics of leaching fluoride from mixed rare earth concentrate withhydrochloric acid and aluminum chloride，Hydrometallurgy，2013，140：71-76.
· Mixed rare earthconcentrate leaching with HCl-AlCl3 solution，RareMetals，2013，32(3)：312-317.
· Kinetics of rare earth extraction from the Baotou bastnaesite in hydrochloric acid and aluminiumchloride[J]. JOM, 2017，69(10): 1894-1900.
· Complex leaching and kinetics of Baotou mixed rare earth concentrate[J], The Chinese Journal of Nonferrous Metals, 2014, 24(8): 2137-2143.
· Influence of acidity and oxidant concentration on the nanostructures and electrochemical performance of polyaniline during fast microwave-assisted chemical polymerization. Polymers, 2020, 12(2), 310-323.
· Exploration on the microwave-assisted synthesis and formation mechanism of polyaniline nanostructures synthesized in different hydrochloric acid concentrations. Journal of Polymer Science: Polymer Chemistry, 2017, 55 (20), 3357-3369. (Front cover paper)
· Toughening mechanism in impact polypropylene copolymer containing β-nucleating agent. RSC Advances, 2016, 6 (28), 23117-23125.
· Control of multilayered core-shell dispersed particles in HPP/EPR/EbP blends and its influences on crystallization and dynamic mechanical behavior, Polymer, 2014, 55, 6176 - 6185.
· Simultaneously enhancing strength and toughness for impact polypropylene copolymers by regulating dispersed phase with high density polyethylene, RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 58999 – 59008.
Important patents and proprietary rights
· A method for improving the grade of rare earth ore，China Patent, ZL201110221838.X.
· A method for separating potassium feldspar concentrate and iron concentrate from Bayan Obo Potassium-rich SLATE，China Patent, ZL201110221837.5.
· Method of removing calcium from high calcium rare earth concentrate, China Patent, ZL201110225260.3.
· A method of flotation rare earth from the tailings of Bayan Obo mine,China Patent, ZL201110224271.1.
· A method for sorting scandium enrichment from Bayan Obo tailings, China Patent, ZL201210399795.9.
· A method to extract niobium from Bayan Obo tailings, China Patent, ZL201310300545.X.
· Chemical separation method of fluorocarbon cerium ore and Monazite ore from mixed rare earth concentrate, China Patent, ZL201010600833.3.
· Separation of rare earth and conversion of fluorine resources by hydrochloric acid Leaching Solution of rare earth concentrate，China Patent, ZL201210434080.2.
· Petal-like cerium oxide was synthesized by cationic polyelectrolyte template, China Patent, ZL201310126637.0.
· The invention relates to a preparation method of micron-scale ellipsoidal cerium oxide, China Patent, ZL201310646000.4.
· A method of high pressure leaching baotou rare earth ore, China Patent, ZL201610616440.9, 2016.
· A method of high pressure complexation leaching fluorocarbon-cerium ore，China Patent, ZL201610616510.0, 2016.
· A method for purifying cryolite，China Patent, ZL201610616505.X, 2016.
· Separation of rare earth and conversion of fluorine resources by hydrochloric acid Leaching Solution of rare earth concentrate，China Patent, 201210434080.2, 2012.
· The invention relates to a preparation method of high purity polymer specific cryolite, China Patent, 201310044417.3, 2013.
· A method of acid - alkali combined with low temperature decomposition of Bayan Obo rare earth concentrate, China Patent, ZL 201310044410.1,2013.
· The invention relates to a complexing leaching method of rare earth concentrate containing fluorocarbon cerium ore and a preparation method of cryolite, China Patent, ZL201210434070.9, 2012.
· A preparation method of rare earth ionic liquid fluorescent soft material based on POSS, China Patent, ZL2016103182790.6, 2016
· A method for synthesizing POSS macromolecule composite luminescent material containing rare earth, China Patent, ZL201410403041.5, 2014
· Preparation of Eu2O3-Dy2O3 doped zinc borosilicate glass-ceramics, China Patent, ZL201310119126.6, 2015
· Method for preparing surface crystallization glass ceramics, ZL201610319303.9, 2018
Honors and awards [Optional]
· Preparation and Application of functional cerium-based rare earth compounds, First prize of Inner Mongolia Natural Science Award, 2012
· Development of preparation technology of large particulate rare earth compounds, First prize of Inner Mongolia Science and Technology Process Award, 2008
· Development of new preparation technology of rare earth compounds with special physicochemical properties, Second prize of Inner Mongolia Science and Technology Process Award, 2005
· Study on extraction technology of high purity single rare earth compound, National Key Science and technology Breakthrough Achievement Award, 1996
· Study on extraction technology of high purity rare earth compounds, Third prize of Science and Technology Progress of Ministry of Metallurgy, 1996
· High purity terbium oxide and dysprosium oxide produced by extraction, Third prize of Science and Technology Progress of Ministry of Metallurgy, 1995
Activities in professional associations [Optional]
· 2016-: Executive Director of the Chinese Society of Rare Earths
· 2016-: Member of the Chinese Society of Rare Earths
· 2016-: Member of China Nonferrous Metals Society
· 2014-: Member of the Chinese Chemical Society
· E-mail: email@example.com